1. The Home Health Nurse that came to our house, accessed Austin's port and drew labs.
2. The nurse at the Oncology Clinic that reviewed Austin's blood work and called me to talk about Austin's treatment and the plan for the day.
3. The Nurse/Care Manager at Red Rock Pediatrics that is my liaison between our Pediatrician and the Oncologists at Primary's. She is sets everything in motion for the day. Did I mention she is amazing?
4. Our incredible Pediatrician--love love love him! He assessed Austin and made sure he is well enough for treatment. He reviews the labs and orders the Chemo.
5. The Pharmacist that receives the Chemo orders and sends the Chemotherapy to the Pediatrics floor.
6. The Nurse on the Pediatrics floor that administers the Chemotherapy.
All of these amazing people had a part in Austin's treatment today. Yes I know it is "just" their job, but it is very obvious that they go out of our way to make all this chaos as easy as possible for us. They genuinely care about Austin and want to help him get better. Kevin and I have a unique view because we are not only Austin's mom and dad, but we are also an employees of the same company that is treating him and these amazing people are also Kevin's and my co-workers. We are proud to know them and work with them. So thanks Team Austin!! We love you guys!
|Getting his port accessed and labs drawn by the Home Health Nurse|
|Have I grown?|
|Vital signs taken|
|Waiting to be seen by the Pediatrician|
|Love his smile!|
|My silly boy|
|Getting checked by the Pediatrician|
|Ready to go! Chemo time!|
|Getting hooked up|
|Watching TV and getting Chemo|