Saturday, May 31, 2014

Egg Rolls

August 28, 2012 was the last day that I made egg rolls for dinner. It was also the night that we found out something was very wrong with Austin's health. I was making the egg rolls as I answered the phone from our Pediatrician and was told to drive Austin to Primary Children's right away. I don't remember turning off the fryer, I don't remember cleaning up the mess. I do know that those egg rolls were not eaten that night. Instead, I rushed around the house packing as fast as I could with so much fear in my heart. All of these memories came flooding back tonight as I was making egg rolls on a very different night. On this night my little family was gathered around the table with smiles and the happy noise of children instead of tears and fear. I'm so grateful that Austin is doing well with his treatment. As silly as it is, I think egg rolls will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment